Saturday, February 19, 2011

Read Someone Else

You should be reading Jerry Coyne's great blog Why Evolution Is True anyway, but if you aren't, a post from earlier today might persuade you. Since I likely won't have time to write anything substantive today, it seems only fair to link to something far more substantive than what I usually write.

I have to admit, though, there's something about arguments like the one being critiqued there that I find fascinating. It's not that they're persuasive, because they aren't. But like I said in my previous post about quantum nonsense, I really wonder what it must be like to believe what some people believe. I want to know what they experience when they completely misrepresent an entire field of study. It seems too simple to say that they're being intentionally deceptive.

No comments:

Post a Comment